Webdev

About Webdev

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Webdev has created 36 blog entries.

1961

The Mission moved to 135 Welford Road. Within a year, an extension for a games room called the Parr Room was built, thanks to a substantial legacy from Mr Parr.

1969

The Mission became a registered charity under the National Assistance Act 1948.

1970

An agency agreement commenced with Leicestershire County Council and Leicester City Council to provide personal social work services for deaf and hard of hearing people.

1974

Local government reorganisation resulted in transfer of social services and education to Leicestershire County Council.

1988

Acquired formal governance and management responsibilities for Loughborough & District Mission for the Deaf, based at 17 Forest Road, Loughborough.

1990

Major office extension opened at the Welford Road premises.

1991

The old hall site in Loughborough was sold to Loughborough & District Housing Society (later Charnwood Forest Housing Association) who carried out major alterations and converted the existing church building into a multipurpose community centre.

1992-1994

Prototype service level agreement in place with Leicestershire County Council.

1993

The Loughborough premises reopened along with the first specialised housing scheme of six purpose-built flats on an adjacent site.

1994-1997

1994-97 Renewed three-year service level agreement in place with Leicestershire County
Council.