NEW DEPUTY MANAGER WANTED FOR OUR
ACTION DEAFNESS COMMUNITY TEAM!
Post: Deputy Manager – Action Deafness Community
Location: Leicester and Derby
Salary: £21,000 pa plus other incentive benefits ie: working paid additional support hours/sleep-ins
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Have you got what it takes to make a difference to the lives of Deaf, hard of hearing, deafened and Deafblind (D/deaf) people in the Midlands and beyond?
Are you looking for your next career move, with good communication and organisational skills? Would you like to join a highly regarded organisation during a time of development and growth?
Action Deafness (AD) is a Deaf-led charitable company with AD Community providing personalised care and support services through the provision of Personal Assistants (PAs). We work with D/deaf people throughout the Midlands region, including Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Warwickshire, and beyond. Our aims are to maintain or increase individuals’ independence, build their confidence and enable them to learn new skills.
As part of our AD Community team you will have a vital role in developing our needs-led service for our D/deaf service users, whilst working as part of an enthusiastic and innovative management team.
You will be expected to work with the Community Manager to lead and inspire our existing team of PAs, using exceptional communication and relationship skills are required as well as a proven track record of coordination and management.
This is an excellent opportunity to build your future career with a Deaf-led organisation that firmly sees the Deputy Manager as a critical lead in supporting the Manager to develop and grow our service.
We are looking for a strong individual who possesses the following skills, qualifications, competencies and attributes:
- Essential management experience of working in a community, personal and or care support environment or similar role;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays where necessary;
- Have drive, motivation and enthusiasm;
- Be able to work on their own initiative;
- Have at least Level 2 BSL (or equivalent), a Communicator Guide qualification and/or experience of working with Deafblind people would be an advantage, including the use of Deafblind manual, or other communication methods and guiding skills.
12pm on Monday 21 November 2016
Week commencing 28 November, in Leicester
For more information:
For a job application pack, please contact Mhairi Simpson, AD Community Manager, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile SMS: 07528569079