Have you got what it takes to make a difference to the lives of Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deafened and Deafblind (D/deaf) people in Staffordshire and South Yorkshire?
Action Deafness Community is currently seeking to expand its pool of Personal Assistants (PAs).
Action Deafness Community provides personalised support services through the provision of Personal Assistants (PAs) for D/deaf people throughout the Midlands region, including Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland and Warwickshire, with the aim of increasing individuals’ independence, building their confidence and enabling them to learn new skills.
We are currently seeking to expand our general pool of PAs but we’re looking particularly for those who can cover Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
- Have experience of working in a PA role;
- Have excellent organisational skills;
- Be able to work flexible hours including weekends and bank holidays where necessary;
- Have drive and enthusiasm;
- Be able to work on their own initiative.
- Have Level 2 BSL (or equivalent), a Communicator Guide qualification and/or experience of working with Deafblind people would be an advantage, including the use of Deafblind manual, other communication methods and guiding skills.
General duties include providing daily living support. This may include; developing/increasing communication skills, life skills, accessing local provisions such as leisure services and community groups, paying bills and translation of correspondence, supporting the service user to maintain their independence in the community, developing hobbies and interests in accordance with their support plan.
Rates of pay for PAs:
Monday to Friday: £9.00 per hour
Weekend and Bank Holidays: £11.00 per hour
We operate a Bonus Incentive Scheme, and training will be provided.
Applicants only able to work evenings or weekends are especially welcome to apply.
For further information or an application pack:
Contact Action Deafness Community at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 07528551162 (SMS).
Closing date for applications: On going