Promote clients’ independence as much as possible by providing personalised support, empowering clients to carry out daily tasks, and supporting them with communication where necessary, to access services in the community.
Managing correspondence and bookings, making sure that all registration paperwork is completed.
- To support a number of D/deaf and deafblind clients in a diverse range of community settings.
- To deliver specifically and appropriately personalised support to clients, empowering them to develop independent living skills and facilitating access to the wider community.
- To support clients to complete everyday living tasks including the payment of bills, managing correspondence and developing hobbies and interests.
- To facilitate access to local communities, facilities, services, information and opportunities.
- To ensure that client confidentiality is maintained.
- To liaise with AD Community Manager regarding clients’ current and emerging support needs and achievements.
- To attend regular supervision meetings and commit to attending agreed training opportunities.
- To keep accurate records, including timesheets, client records, etc., carrying out all the essential administrative tasks relevant to the post.
Essential skills, experience & qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask with flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong communication and teamworking skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Number of hours per week – 25
Hours: Monday to Friday – 5 hours per day (Example 10.00am to 3.00pm)