- Action Deafness
- The chance to meet our staff to find out about the work we do in the community, including interpreting services, Personal Assistant services (including our new service for young people) and assistive technology
- The chance for anyone under 18 to meet our Deaf members of staff for a 1:1 to talk about the work they do and get career insights
- Communications Unlimited
- Will be discussing their Derbyshire based BSL interpreting service and ‘Derby Sign Fest’ which is happening in September and is a new festival happening across Derby, celebrating and raising awareness of British Sign Language, and the fact that Derby has the second largest Deaf community outside of London.
- Deaf Direct
- The chance to meet Deaf Direct staff to find out about their work and they will also be showcasing their assistive technology devices and as well as their projects in Worcestershire, Oxfordshire and Herefordshire.
- Deaf-initely Women
- Will be providing information on how Deaf-initely Women (which is run and governed by deaf women) serves all deaf women in Derby and Derbyshire.
- Derbyshire Constabulary PLOD (Police Link Officers for people who are Deaf):
- Will be providing information relating PLOD service within Derbyshire Constabulary including the police SMS non-emergency and emergency contact numbers and Facebook page.
- Derbyshire County Council Social Services team
- Will be providing information on support available to the Deaf community.
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Will be providing the chance to meet them to get advice and guidance (including their new emergency text number) and will be bringing one of their fire engines and crews for you to meet as well as Dexter the Fire Dog.
- East Midlands Ambulance Service
- Will be discussing patient experience and the help and support they can provide the community.
- East Midlands Deaf Camp
- This group are running a tombola raise funds for the 39th annual camping holiday for deaf children which will take place in the summer.
- National Deaf Children’s Society
- Will be discussing the work they do including providing expert support on childhood deafness, raising awareness and campaigning for deaf children’s rights, so they have the same opportunities as everyone else.
- They will also be hosting a discussion for local families on local peer support.
- Will be providing children and young people attending to have a go at a range of sporting activities including boccia, curling and table tennis and more
- Root and Branch Out Forest School
- This community interest company works with local people in our treasured local environment and they will be putting on activities on their stall during the day.
- Royal School for the Deaf Derby
- Will be available to talk about the school and the support they provide for students.
We’ll also have a range of activities including sporting activities from Panathlon, face painting and giant outdoor board games!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Where: Royal School for the Deaf Derby, 180 Ashbourne Rd, Derby DE22 3BH
Time: 11.00 am – 2.00 pm
Suitable for all ages
If you need any help registering for the event – please contact Sian on:
- 0116 2533202