Have you got what it takes to make a difference to the lives of Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deafened and Deafblind (D/deaf) people in Kidderminster, Leamington Spa, Stoke and Stafford?
Action Deafness Community has successfully secured some contracts and is therefore seeking to expand its pool of Personal Assistants (PAs).
We provide personalised support services for D/deaf people throughout the Midlands region, including Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland and Warwickshire.
Our aim is to increase individuals’ independence, build their confidence and enable them to learn new skills.
We are looking for someone to cover Leamington Spa, Stoke, Kidderminster and Stafford area.
• Have experience of working in a PA role;
• Have excellent organisational skills;
• Be able to work flexible hours including weekends and bank holidays where necessary;
• Have drive and enthusiasm;
• Be able to work on their own initiative.
• Have Level 2 BSL (or equivalent), a Communicator Guide qualification and/or experience of working with Deafblind people would be an advantage, including the use of Deafblind manual, other communication methods and guiding skills.
General duties include providing daily living support. This may include; developing/increasing communication skills, life skills, accessing local provisions such as leisure services and community groups, paying bills and translation of correspondence, supporting the service user to maintain their independence in the community, developing hobbies and interests in accordance with their support plan.
Rates of pay for PAs:
Monday to Friday: £9.00 per hour
Weekend and Bank Holidays: £11.00 per hour
Sleep in cover: £30 per night
We also operate a Bonus Incentive Scheme, and training will be provided.
Applicants able to work evenings or weekends are especially welcome to apply.
For further information or an application pack:
Contact Action Deafness Community at:
Mobile: 07528551162 (SMS).
Closing date for applications: On going