British Sign Language Level 2 is split into sections that covers the same topics needed for the current NVQ Level 2 in British Sign Language.
There are sections teaching you the vocabulary, question and answers, and phrases and story receptive skills practise. Level 2 is a 3 disc DVD set and has one disc dedicated purely for Level 2 Topic Vocabulary enabling you to refresh your memory whilst building up your conversational skills.
Discs 1 and 2 cover:
- Topic 1: About you and Everyday Conversations introductory phrases, describing people, activities at school, jobs & activities at work, attitudes and opinions, time vocabulary, activities in the home, leisure activities, opinion/likes and dislikes, and illnesses and health
- Topic 2: Eating and Drinking contains story practise and Question & Answer sections for ordering food and drink, and offering opinions, describing preparation of food, eating out, and comparing food types and explaining your views
- Topic 3: Shopping and Spending contains story practise/Question and answer sections on paying for services, different types of shops and payments, shopping experiences, and comparing items that you have bought.
- Topic 4: Travel and Holidays contains both stories and question and answers about countries, places in England, booking a holiday and a camping experience
Disc 3 covers:
- Topic 1: About You and Everyday Conversations – Vocabulary
- Topic 2 : Eating and Drinking – Vocabulary
- Topic 3: Shopping and Spending – Vocabulary
- Topic 4 : Travel and Holidays – Vocabulary
The Learn Sign Language Level 2 DVD also includes our unique downloadable workbook covering in detail; Negation in BSL, grammar rules, indicating plurality, question structure, marking time and quality in BSL.