New and exciting interpreter opportunities at Action Deafness!
Due to the increase in business at Action Deafness, we are looking to recruit qualified BSL/English Interpreters to join the growing team of BSL/English interpreters at Action Deafness.
The successful applicant will undertake video online Interpreting work on the SignLive platform as well as fulfilling face to face interpreting assignments in a range of domains.
The successful candidate will be able to undertake SignLive work from home or from a SignLive Hub in Leicester.
The interpreter will be expected to travel to face to face assignments in the Midlands or Brighton & Sussex depending on your location as we have contracts in both locations that require fulfilling. The role will offer the applicant new and exciting development opportunities in different domains of work including specialist domains.
We are looking to recruit part time or full time interpreters and would welcome applicants who would like to job share.
Information about the Organisations
Action Deafness is a Deaf-led charitable company based in Leicester. AD has been providing interpreting services for over 15 years and currently provides interpreting services in a range of settings including secure mental health, health and social care.
Action Deafness has a team of interpreters led by the Head of Interpreting and supported by two coordinators covering assignments all over the UK.
Sign Live is a deaf-owned organisation based in the UK which we at Action Deafness supply interpreters to fulfil a variety of contracts that they hold. It is recognised as a first-class service provider of online video interpreting services through its Video Relay Service (VRS) and Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) which has grown significantly over the past two years.
We welcome applications from qualified, experienced BSL/English Interpreters for this exciting opportunity.
- A regular and reliable income from a monthly salary with the opportunity for overtime.
- Role specific training and support which can be used for CPD.
- Professional supervision provided with an experienced Interpreter
- A supportive team and dynamic working environment
- Access to wider professional training and development opportunities
- A contribution to NRCPD/SASLI Registration
- A workplace pension
- Registered Sign Language Interpreter registered with the NRCPD or SASLI.
- Minimum two years post-qualification experience in a range of domains.
- Experience in video interpreting (although training will be provided if applicants have no experience)
- Technology literate
- Flexibility in approach to work
- Other Sign Language skills (Hands on, Minimal Language Skills, International Sign, Deafblind Manual)
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a CV and covering letter to Nigel Cleaver, Head of Interpreting: [email protected]
For an informal discussion or to request more information regarding the role, please contact the communications coordinating team on [email protected] or call 0844 593 8443